Pardus 17.4 version under development by the TUBITAK ULAKBIM has been released.
Optimization, stability and security updates for more than 300 packages have been included in the last version of Pardus. Mostly-used applications Firefox 60.3.0 Thunderbird 60.2.1 VLC 3.0.3 LibreOffice 6.1.3 have been updated in this version. Also, the 17.4 absolute/server version is provided with openssh-server package installed in the system, unlike the previous versions. This allows system managers to use provisioning tools like Ansible upon the installation.
For installing the changes, it would be enough to keep your Pardus 17 installed system up-to-date.
What are the changes?
- Usage scenario problems faced by end users on many graphical interfaces have been resolved.
- Package update and optimization which affects many system performances have been made.
- Security updates including more than 300 package updates and security patches have been added in the system.
- Default internet browser Firefox has been updated to 60.3.0 version.
- Default e-mail client Thunderbird has been updated to version 60.2.1.
- Default media player VLC has been updated to version 3.0.3.
- Default office document application Libreoffice has been updated to version 6.1.3.
- Absolute server version has been provided with default openssh-server.
- For installation scenarios with no internet connection, post-installation source listing problem has been resolved.
- Splash screen default background has been changed.
For more information on Pardus 17.4, you can read version notes.